Is your skin too?
I should probably start by saying I never had terrible acne or severe skin condition, but I had a fair amount of spots and imperfections. Who doesn't, right!? Through my 20s, I lived in several countries. There were changes in climate, water and food, and I had to adjust my beauty routine to what was available on the local shelves. My skin rarely liked it...
So how did I manage to reinvent my skin after all these changes?
What did I notice?
- Coffee + milk gives me breakouts, and I’m not the first one to say a dairy-free diet clears away spots
- A lack of protein and omega3 in my diet results in blue, panda-like circles under my eyes. Getting the right amount of vitamins helps me feel and look healthy
- Depending on the season, my skin could get drier, slightly more reactive, and sometimes it has no particular demands at all
- Also, I noticed how radiant and pure my face looks during the ovulation period and how dull it is at the end of the cycle. It occurred to me that sometimes my skin simply mirrors the internal processes. So, why should I stress myself over something that I have no control of, especially when it comes and goes away on its own?
I still have friends who tell me natural skincare doesn’t work. Indeed, natural skincare won’t do miracles unless it's part of a healthy lifestyle with a focus on skin’s specific needs.
Here are my top 5 glow-getting skin tips:
- Water-water–water goes without saying, but still…
- A healthy diet tailored to my need, plus the supplements
- Natural skincare
- Anti-ageing exercises for my face. I do these daily, and it’s not the face gym, face massage or one of those. Curious to know? Stay tuned. There will be a detailed blog post on that too.
Here are my top hero products that give my 35+ skin exactly what it needs:
(goes well with the below makeup removing pads)
|BIO COTTON MAKEUP REMOVER PADS|
|GENTLE FACE OIL|
|FACE MOISTURISER WITH ARGAN POWDER|